Girl About the House - Week 8 & 9




Monday 11th May to Sunday 24th May. (Day 49 - 62)

Hello and welcome to another Girl About the House Blog post!

I am up to day 62 of lockdown, 62! Can you believe it? Of course, as I type this I'm actually many more numbers greater, but goodness me, 62 days is a lot of days to get used to living in this way. 

For the last two weeks, I've been busy with writing a report about my previous Live Brief experience. Such is how I am with formal written work, I delayed and delayed writing this until a couple days before and then the night before when I stayed up until 3am to make sure I completed everything. 
Then as a complete contrast to the hand-in, I found myself completely lost. I experience this every time I hand in and/or have a break from projects and I lose a bit of purpose. It's such a scary feeling to me to not have something I'm working on that has someone at the end of it prepared to give me feedback. 

That being said, for these two weeks, I've found comfort (and some guilt) in taking time out to read books I've been excited for, watch programmes and films I love, experiment with new shows and trying new tasks and most wonderfully organising some fabrics! This will sound simple and be a sure giveaway of my adult age but washing fabrics and putting them out on the line created the most beautiful display I've ever seen. On top of this, I discovered a gorgeous background for photographs and a cool place to stand for a bit when the weather gets a bit too hot. 



Before I start to babble, here goes week 8 & 9 of my Lockdown...

Currently I'm...

READING...I finished reading The Eve Illusion on the 13th which was Incredible! My next read is the new Hunger Games prequel: The Balled of Songbirds and Snakes which hasn't taken me long to get into to at all.



WATCHING...
Films: Night at the Museum 2, Step Brothers, Spiderman Far from Home, The Last Song.

Other: Modern Family series 11, Instagram live of Meghan trainer and Daryl with Alexa Penevega (On Youtube),  Suite Life of Zach and Cody, Gogglebox, Normal People, Carrie Hope Fletcher and Oliver Ormsons daily videos, Interviews about the show Normal People, Modern Family behind the scenes documentary, Rules of Engagement. 

Modern Family has been my main focus what with getting to the end of the last series. It made me really sad that I could sence the show rounding off for each character. But that being said I'm up for watching them all again so it never really ends.

CREATING...a report on my experience of the live brief, augmenting a Dennis the Mennis hot water bottle cover/teddy by making a cushion for the inside, more headbands, taking cool photographs playing with lights, photography balls and exposure.




LISTENING TO...X and Five More Minutes were songs released by the Jonas Brothers and I loved them, Adele, Only Us cover by Carrie Hope Fletcher and Oliver Ormson, Booty-licious by Destiny's child.

COOL STUFF...
- Zoom meetings- In one Zoom meeting I wasn't expecting to have to turn the camera on and so I didn't do my usual pulling my wardrobe door/sheet down, turned on the camera and I could see behind me my pyjama shorts sitting messily in my wardrobe along with many other messy items of clothing. There were many people on this call which heightened my need to do something quickly. I did the subtle shift of the computer to the side, turning my camera off and running quickly to pull the sheet down. 

- Clapping for the NHS on the doorstep with the neighbours every Thursday at 8pm.

- Musicians and Artists being creative whilst in Lockdown; Music videos at home, crashing fans Zoom meetings.

- Learning to French Plait my hair- you can find anything on Youtube!

- Taking good quality photographs for my Bookstagram.

- The new Hunger games prequel arrived by post: The Balled of Songbirds and Snakes

- I went for my first drive since Lockdown began (24th of March), and saw some family from the car.

- The first Zoom quiz occurred with the family which was really fun! Bless Mumma Summer reading out lyrics.
On this day we had a BBQ in the evening and before this, I spent the day washing some fabric for my sewing project, the washing line was absolutely beautiful!



OBSESSED WITH...Watching Normal People. Which I'm quite surprised about as it's not my usual cheery viewing. I just love the characters and their story together. It's so meaningful and deep and a story that I feel I could have a good in-depth chat about. I have reviewed it here.

Walks...x6

Weather...Mostly hot and sunny with little wind and rain

News & Updates...
- Fewer deaths reported in the UK
- Symptoms updated: loss of taste and smell as well as the dry cough and fever.
On Monday the 11th of May Boris Johnson declared that lockdown restrictions will be loosened from Wednesday the 13th; go to work if you can't from home and only if safety procedures are put in place by employers, don't use public transport unless absolutely necessary, unlimited exercise, can see one person from another household but keep a 2-metre distance. 
- Football returned in Germany. It felt really weird to see people get close again.

It's the little things that provide Happiness...
- Talking about books on a walk
- Chatting about The Eve Illusion book
- Reading The Eve Illusion book
- Putting clothes on eBay- I've been really enjoying writing descriptions, which aren't just anything. I create a lifestyle, let me tell you. 
- Turning my phone off
- Creating your own set up to catch up with a programme. I had cushions, blankets, a table right beside me with everything I would need and fluffy socks for the colder hours of the day.
- Putting music on and sitting comfortably to get a task ticked off the checklist
- Dancing to the New Jonas Brothers songs with my sister.
- Tidying. It's a wonderful feeling when I have a clean and tidy new space to play with.
- Eating Ice cream in the sunshine
- I received a gift and a lovely card from my sister. It was The Boy the Mole the Fox and the Horse by Charlie Macksey. This is an artist I've recently discovered and I adore his work so this gift was even more appreciated than I think was intended.
- Standing in a full washing line of freshly washed fabrics- wouldn't recommend doing this for a long time but it was a nice relief from the hot sun. 
An Illustration by Charlie Mackesy
I'd like to end on this Illustration by Charlie Mackesy. His drawings and the message behind them are beautiful with stories simply yet incredibly meaningful. This one, in particular, struck a chord with me this week and I thought It would be nice to share.
---------------------------------------------------

As ever, Thank you for reading this weeks post. 

Keep well,
Love Buddy xx

Previous Post: Normal People / Review

Girl About the House: Week OneWeek TwoWeek Three & Week 4 & 5, Week 6 & 7.


Where to Find Me: 
Instagram
Bookstagram
Facebook
Twitter
Bloglovin'
21 Buttons (Fashion)

Popular Posts