Girl About the House - Week 3




My week 3 of the UK Lockdown.......art competitions and a whole lot of Jonas Brothers!

Day 14 (Monday 6th April)
Weather: Sunny

Today I took part in the Alexander McQueen #McQueenCreators competition where each participant was asked to draw the Alexander McQueen Rose 2019 Autumn/Winter dress in their style. I chose acrylic as its one of my favourite mediums to use. I found out about the completion on the day of submission which meant that I was able to focus solely on this dress for the time being.

Here is my result...



Digital work all day.

In the evening I watched Married to Jonas which used to be my favourite series in 2012.

Today's film: Ghost of Girlfriends Past

Day 15 (Tuesday 7th April)
Weather: Sunny



It's the beginning of the Easter holidays today and I didn't even realise- not that time really matters at the minute. 

Walk in the sunshine.

Catch up with my technical file whilst listening to the Sh**ged Married Annoyed podcast. This small part of my routine has become much loved.

Today's film: The Notebook

Day 16 (Wednesday 8th April)
Weather: Sunny

Today I spent my time completing an original digital design to submit in the Ohh Deer cushion competition...



Cushion Name: Vintage Gaming.

(Side note: The computer turned French which wasn't something I've had to deal with before and I'm still not sure what happened)

This completion is now closed as of the 17th of April (The day I'm editing) however I believe that you can still check out all of the cushion designs on their website and quite possibly make a purchase. I will leave the link here if you want to check out my cushion design.
This week I've made an effort with competitions- especially since I enjoyed creating Mondays painting so much. It gives me a little bit of purpose and it's a fun way to push self creatively whilst getting your work out there. I didn't enter either with the intention of winning but of course, there was a little piece of hope. I love having a goal to work towards and without fail, I'll gain something from it- whether it's a skill or ideas.

Girl About the House week 2 upload.

Puzzle in the sunshine.

Walk

Evening watch: Married to Jonas. (I can see myself getting addicted again)

Homemade cheesecake with vanilla flavouring for desert.

In the evening I sat up the table creating a Hama Bead design of The little Mermaid whilst listening to Zoe Sugg and Mark Ferris's Instagram Live. I also wrote a list of all the creative ideas I've had over the last few days. Hopefully, I'll get started on them soon.

Day 17 (Thursday 9th April)
Weather: Sunny

Today I had a video chat with a family member for the first time since lockdown and had a general potter around the house and garden.

Walk

Clap for the NHS at 8pm

Evening Film: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (for the second time in a week)

Day 18 (Friday 10th April)
Weather: Sunny and hot

I continued to make the skirt I started last week; adding a second layer so the fabric isn't see-through, applying the darts and sewing the skirt pieces together. 
I'm starting multiple things at once at the minute: the Rubix cube and skirt last week. I generally wake up with the same to-do list I made in the first week and pick whatever I feel the most inspired to do, which is sometimes something completely new. Hence a build-up of tasks and three to-do lists. Whilst I don't have any work and am on a 'break' I'm just letting myself bumble through the days.




Blog post upload: A Quiet Place: Thoughts and Wonderings
As I mentioned last week, I was so inspired by watching A Quiet Place that I decided to compile all of my thoughts and questions down in one place. 

Today's film: The other half of The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

Day 19 (Saturday 11th April)
Weather: Sunny and hot

Without meaning to, I've had a Jonas Brothers heavy day today- and there is absolutely no shame here!...

Whilst watching the Happiness Begins Documentary I worked on a digital edit that incorporated the three boys:



I love digital applications with a passion and it's rare that I get the opportunity to have a play without any pressure of getting marked on what I've made. I simply incorporated what I've learnt and had fun. I then played around with what the design would look like on a garment...


More than anything today's creation was just a fun thing to do and show myself what skills I'm capable of. My confidence has been quite low lately and so it was nice to hear people ooh and ahh and things I'm so used to making

Walk in the evening. 

I ended up having a lovely day today and didn't think about the current situation we're all in that much, which felt like a good thing for my brain.

Evening watch: New Modern family (season 11)- I didn't realise it was on tv yet! A very lovely thing about forgetting is that I now have a good chunk of the series to binge-watch. At the same token, once this season is done that's it for the foreseeable as it's the final one.
And Britains Got Talent

Day 20 (Sunday 12th April)
Weather: Sunny

I pottered about the house and garden today before finally updating my Technical File and having a tidy. I tried so hard to get on with work I actually had to do but my words weren't coming out to finish the write-ups I needed to do- I still have 3 weeks or so but I (should) know full well that it's so much better to get done what you can when you can and before it's stressful! 

For dinner, we ate a roast which was my favourite of all time!

Walk in the evening

Evening watch: Married to Jonas and Jaws the Revenge
To round off the day I watched Rochelle and Marvin Humes's Instagram live which is a house party/music quiz every Friday and Sunday evening from their house.


-------------------------------------

I have had the most Jonas Brothers filled week I think I've ever had! Not only did I watch their tv shows, listen to there music and make my own edit but I also wore my Happiness Begins concert T-shirt.

As always, thank you for reading this weeks post and I will be back soon.


Spreading the love far and wide, look after yourselves,
Buddy xx

Previous Post: A Quiet Place - Thoughts and Wonderings
Girl About the House: Week One & Week Two

Where to Find Me: 
Instagram
Facebook
Twitter
Bloglovin'
21 Buttons (Fashion)


Popular Posts