Girl About The House - Week 6 & 7




Hello and welcome to another Girl About the House blog post!

Similar to last week, I've combined two weeks worth of updates on what I've been up to during this lockdown. I quite enjoyed my new structure and received lovely feedback on the last post. So, I bring you week 6 and 7, day 35 to 48 together!

My live brief given by a company/designer continued into May and lasted overall for about 20 days. Within that time, I had to look for a theme, research, create mood boards and drawings (a lot of drawing), patterns and visualisations. Amongst this, I had deadlines and Zoom meetings with the designer.
Unfortunately, I've been told that I'm not allowed to post the work I created towards the live brief. But I will tell you that I chose to look at European Otters and their habitat. They are an endangered species protected by law from hunters and polluted waters after nearly becoming extinct in the 1950s to the '70s. That last sentence roles right off the tongue as I've had to say it so many times when rehearsing for Zoom presentations and the real-life scary remote presentations. 
Hopefully, I can share my creations one day but until then, I give you my virtual diary to have a little snoop at...


...here's one drawing from very early on that I am most definitely allowed to share

Currently I'm...

READING...Eve of Man by Giovanna Fletcher and Tom Fletcher. Once I finished I started reading The Eve Illusion which is the second book in this trilogy. So. Good. Book review on its way!



WATCHING...
Films: Accidental Husband, Incredibles 2, Happiness Begins (Jonas Brothers concert film) x2, Four Weddings and a Funeral, Cowbells.

Other: Carrie Hope Fletcher and Oliver Ormsons daily videos, Married to Jonas, Modern Family (Season 11, Final. Pretty much every day), I'll Get This, Gogglebox, So Random cast live stream, Suite Life of Zack and Cody.

CREATING...Manual and digital repeated patterns using my drawings, drawing the Alexander Mcqueen dress for #McQueenCreators, researching for the live brief, mixing up my colour palette in acrylic and watercolour, sewing a second headband for a hospital worker I know, mark-making, making visualisations with the patterns I've created, creating a pdf presentation of my work to send to the designer. 

I spent a lot of time making paintings and patterns for the live brief; drawing otters using acrylic, oil pastel and watercolour.


#McQueenCreators


LISTENING TO...music and wondering what those people are doing now. Waitress songs, Sh**ged Married Annoyed Podcast by Rosie and Chris Ramsey, Mcfly, Adele, Jonas Brothers, Little Mix.

COOL STUFF...
- A Robin flew into the house...we later bought birdhouses from someone who sells them homemade in their front garden. 
- Zoom Meetings. They make me nervous but the idea and fact that this is something we can do is cool. On my first one with the artist and group, I was very anxious and at one point I sat with my sketchbook on my lap and out of shot, a small red mark on my drawing caught my eye and I realised that my finger was bleeding. Really good. I discreetly leant to the left and grabbed a plaster. Luckily this wasn't my time to talk and I had a few seconds to fix the issue. 
- Clap for the NHS with neighbours every Thursday at 8pm
- Friday Favourites on my Instagram story; most Fridays on Instagram I share around 10 posts that I've liked. Typically these are artworks by artists but occasionally I'll throw in a post that made me laugh or smile!
- Second Zoom meeting where I "handed in". I had to show and talk about the work I created for the project. I presented first as I arrived first which meant that I set the tone and didn't have more time to worry. It went well and the artist/designer liked my illustrations and visualisations. *breath*


...Testing out a colour palette
- When casts from shows you watched when you were younger getting together to do a live stream. Amazing and surreal in equal measure.
- Gave my sister a makeover with a full face of foundation, blusher, eyeshadow, mascara and lipstick. Then attempted to give her a nice hairstyle. She was happy.
- VE day: the 75th anniversary of the end of the war; 8th of May.
- Having little photoshoots in the garden where I prepare clothes for eBay. Aka fashion photoshoot, I find these things so much fun!

Walks...x3

Weather...Mostly sun with some wind and rain.

News & Updates...
- Daily updates on the current Coronavirus situation in the UK. Questions from the public which always makes me think of Chris and Rosie Ramseys Sh**ged Married Annoyed podcast.
- Received my feedback by the company from my initial mood board- positive and constructive. Nerve-wracking though.
- Not putting makeup on for a few days has become a normal- not that I wear much anyway but I notice.
- Mcfly concert dates moved up.
- Family birthdays. Not seeing them but sending love.
- Empty Buses driving by
- Talks about the possibility of bringing football back
- Talks of wearing masks whilst out and about
- Donald Trump suggesting injecting something into the skin to prevent the virus- Absolutely not.


The Beautiful flowers of May

It's the little things that provide happiness...
- Singing on my own; which sounds really sad but there's something so lovely for your soul (and voice box) singing as much as you want to whatever you want and releasing whatever it is that needs releasing. No judgement and no complaints when you repeat songs. It's especially great when it's songs sung by amazing singers and theatre songs. 
- Showing my family the waitress songs and seeing them enjoy them too- I usually like to wait until they've left the room to sing these songs but I still enjoyed them just as much. 
- Homemade Millionaire Shortbread
- Clearing out a cupboard, we stumbled across old photographs and I found a lovely one of me and my uncle when I was younger. I adore photographs and to find one I haven't seen before- and of someone so special- was really lovely.
- Easter eggs- managed to make them last...somehow.
- Putting music on and getting on with work. I really enjoyed listening to songs I like- and some new ones- and feeling that push to get on and achieve something by the end of the day. 
- Sitting in the garden under the sunshine with my parents. Or on my own. That's nice too.
- Bakery Brownies
- Breakfasts with sausages and toast
- Watching back concerts you've been to...granted not many I've been to but there are at least 50 versions of that concert in various locations
- Re-watching movies and shows you watched as a child.
- Walks to beautiful places...



-----------------------------------

As always, thank you for reading and I will be back soon.

Keep Well,

Love Buddy xx

Previous Post: Girl About the House - Week 4 & 5

Girl About the House: Week OneWeek TwoWeek Three & Week 4 & 5,

Where to Find Me: 
Instagram
Bookstagram
Facebook
Twitter
Bloglovin'
21 Buttons (Fashion)



Popular Posts