Girl about the House - Week 4 & 5




Hello and welcome to another blog post! 

This week I bring you what I've been up to during week 4 and 5 of the UK lockdown (Day 21 - 34). I've decided to change up my weekly updates and collaborate the two previous.
With these crazy times brings uncertainty and with that a routine that's blown to the wind. My days can be up and down and filled with something or not very much at all. Therefore I'm trying out this new structure of updating my virtual diary by compiling it all into lists.

At the end of week 4, I started a live brief which is a project given by a company/designer and you have a theme, deadlines and proposed outcomes to come up with. It felt like my days went from 0 to 60 and I've been busy enough to not remember the day or week.

Currently I'm........

READING...Eve of Man by Tom and Giovanna Fletcher (again)



WATCHING...
Films: Just my luck and (the first half of...) The Last Song.

Other: Married to Jonas, Modern family season 11 (new), New Gogglebox, Quiz (a 3 episode drama following the Who Wants to Be a Millionaire scandal- so riveting, I've watched it twice), Carrie Hope Fletcher and Oliver Ormsons daily videos on Youtube.

It's become a part of my routine to wake up and watch Carrie's video from the night before whilst eating breakfast. At lunchtime, I'll watch Oliver's video from that morning's upload. I love it- It's become a part of the day I'm very fond of. 

CREATING...digital designs, researching and drawing with paint, pencil, watercolour and ink for my project (Some you can see on my Instagram). Moodboards for my theme and sending them off for feedback, making a headband with buttons on the side for my nurse friend to wear at the hospital and relieve the pressure of the masks on her ears. 



I also started a new Instagram account where I've given my books and film reviews there own space...(Link here)



LISTENING TO...Sh**ged Married Annoyed podcast by Rosie and Chris Ramsey, the Waitress soundtrack ( I haven't seen the musical or even know the story but the songs are so great), Carrie Hope Fletcher's beautiful covers on her channel (Somewhere Over the Rainbow & Fly Me to the Moon).

COOL STUFF...on Tuesday the 14th Eve of Man by Giovanna and Tom Fletcher got delivered!! This was such a huge highlight of my week- which would've been even without this lockdown.

- Clap for the NHS with neighbours every Thursday at 8pm
- Tom and Giovanna Fletcher broadcast a live stream where they answered questions about their book Eve of Man and they answered my question! I asked: Where did the names Eve and Bram come from? And the reply was: 

"Eve was Eve right from the beginning, she was the first girl born and Eve is just what we referred to her as...We liked the idea of Bram being like the forbidden fruit. It was quite tricky staying away from controversial...anything too deep..religous- we wanted it to be pure fiction. But we liked the idea of him being forbidden fruit for her and she wasn't allowed to fall in love with him....He can't be called apple...so we were looking at names of apples and we decided on Bram"



- Over the course of two weeks, we've been invaded by two Robins making their way inside the house. Very invasive- I don't think they get social distancing. 

WALKS x 6... on one very lovely walk, we discovered a Bluebell Wood- absolutely beautiful! On another, we found an otter trail. No otters as they're very elusive characters but they were somewhere around!



Weather... Mostly sunny with wind and little rain.

News & Updates...

- Monday the 13th marked the 3rd week since the official UK lockdown notice. At this moment we were all on tenterhooks waiting to hear if everyday life could go back to normal.
- Lockdown extended on the 16th of April for a further 3 weeks.
- For the last week, I've been so confused over what day it is.
- Adverts stating the date they were made so as not to receive complaints that social guidelines are not being followed.
- Reading magazine articles for this month that were written way in advance and talk of getting out and about. 
- This stay at home life has become normal yet not at the same time. I dream about social distancing being made up in my imagination. It's an odd feeling watching tv shows and films where strangers are mixing and realising that's not happening currently. 
It's just very surreal to be experiencing this at the very same time with more or less the whole world. It's grounding in the sense that we're all going through it, facing the same dilemmas and hearing the same news. Because this is a very new situation we're still learning to cope. I imagine in years to come a new generation will look at this situation and think it was easy 'you were forced to stay home and you couldn't touch each other, so what?'. But it's the not knowing that's hard. The ever-changing and growing news. At first, it was only 1 or 2 people with a virus that's harmful to vulnerable people- now it's anyone that can be affected. It's stay at home to save yours and others lives. As if there's an invisible monster outside the front door...which it kind of is.

It's the little things that provide happiness...
- Warm sausage rolls!
- Eve of Man book
- Tidying, I managed to tidy and organise so much that I've got a really lovely space. 
- Bakery fresh shortcake biscuits, coated with chocolate and sprinkles. 
- I was given a book that's been on my reading list: The Switch by Beth O'Leary.
- The garden is growing more and more flowers which means colour explosions everywhere. 
- I put my hair up into my usual messy bun and on this one particular day, it actually looked alright. My hair has grown quite a bit with this lockdown. 



- I received a postcard from my sister which had a photo of us along with a lovely message from her to me and a quote. It was so lovely and it came to me at just the time I needed it. I've placed it on my wall opposite my bed- it's just my favourite thing to look at every morning that. Here's the quote: 
...and I hope it's these little things- and lots more- that I hold onto. 

As ever. Thank you for reading and keep well.

Love, 
Buddy xx

Previous Post: Girl About the House - Week 3

Girl About the House: Week OneWeek Two & Week Three.

Where to Find Me: 
Instagram
Bookstagram
Facebook
Twitter
Bloglovin'
21 Buttons (Fashion)


Popular Posts