Seeing McFly Live in 2022!


Oh hey, it’s been a while. Hence the cringe intro.

@buddysummercreates
I’ve been away absolutely loving my time at uni and trying to soak it up as much as I can. After a lot of anxiety about going, I feel so grateful to be able to say that I’ve settled and my life has taken a positive turn. More about this soon but first I have a lot of exciting posts that I want to
share. Starting with one evening that’s waited an entire year and deserves a moment on the blog…

I’m going back to the 17th of July 2022 when the UK was experiencing record-breaking hot temperatures. Remember that? Waiting in line
for our tickets to be checked whilst using any resources we had to get air to our faces. It wasn’t just use-the-ticket-to-fan-yourself hot. It was more like my-hair-must-not-touch-my-neck kind of hot. 
As we stood amongst a crowd of others melting under the sun, hearing McFly practise one of their songs before we joined them was pure joy.

Original image @buddysummercreates

This was my first outdoor concert and the second time ever seeing McFly live. It was also a special show for the band as it was Tom’s birthday too. Before you ask, I did make a sign, felt silly and didn’t bring it. 

We managed to get to the front of the crowd, just before the fence surrounding the golden ticket holders. This was amazing- not just because of the nice cold metal but because we were so close to the stage AND at one point Giovanna (Fletcher) walked past us. 

It was such a great evening full of many highs. At one point, as Mcfly were singing a song featuring lyrics about rain, it actually rained! Ugh just brilliant.

Support artists: The Hoosiers and Buxy- (Tom’s children Buzz and Buddy performing on the guitar and drums) 

Original image @buddysummercreates

Setlist
- Red
- One for the Radio
- Lies
- Obviously 
@buddysummercreates
- I’ll be OK
- Transylvania 
- Star Girl
- Happiness 
- Wild and Young
- Everybody Knows
- Room on the 3rd Floor
- Falling in Love
- Shine a Light
Encore:
- Don’t Stop Me Now (Queen cover)
- All About You
- 5 Colours in Her Hair


Top moments: The Hoosiers, which btw were very funny. The lead singer kicked an orange into the crowd and the guitarist went Did you just kick an orange at them? (Had to be there).

Tom’s children Buzz and Buddy graced the stage quickly to perform we will rock you by Queen. It was so cute and they did so well. Afterwards, Tom's youngest Max briefly made a stage appearance but became lost for words when he was lifted to the mic.







An overall great evening that I shared with my loves- my mum and sister! This was the first time seeing McFly with my sister who, at one point when we were very little, strongly viewed them as her band who I wasn’t allowed to listen to. So I was a closet McFly fan for a while but now we can share them and it warms my heart!

Thank you for reading today's post. Let’s try not to leave it so long before the next one!


Big love,

Rosie xx


Original image @buddysummercreates

Comments

Popular Posts