Seeing Mcfly Young Dumb Thrills Tour 2021

Recently I've been to see McFly perform live in concert which was absolutely incredible! 

Tour: Young Dumb Thrills

Those boys are incredibly talented and know how to put on a great show, let me tell you. A giant pink bear (A real one! That moved!), confetti and I just love hearing the boys chat to be honest. 


The concert was set for 2020 but because of the covid crisis it had to be pushed back. Twice. So when the day finally arrived I wouldn't let myself believe it was happening until I was sat in my seat.
I had also just got over having covid so this day was a near miss and I was grateful to make it. (I was fully recovered by then do not worry).

The songs I was most excited for were Stargirl, Obviously, Room on the 3rd floor, I'll be ok, All About You and The Heart Never Lies. Completely not expecting them to sing Broccoli (often a topic of conversation between myself and my sister) and 5 Colours in her Hair

Set list:

- Star Girl
- One for the Radio
- I'll be ok
- Lies
- Obviously
- Love is Easy
- Wild and Young
- Red
- The Guy Who turned Her Down / I've got you / Not Alone / Tonight is the Night
- Happiness
- Another Song About Love
- Growing Up
- Room on the 3rd Floor
- Broccoli
- Dragon Ball 
- Shine a Light
Encore:
- The Heart Never Lies
- 5 Colours in Her Hair
- All About You


…If you couldn't tell, Tom's my favourite.

Finally getting to see them- after years of being a closet Galaxy Defender when they were my 'sisters' band' (we were little)- felt so exciting and very normal at the same time. It felt crazy initially to be in the same room as them. But once I started singing my heart out I settled and it felt so normal. Possibly because they're so chilled and I've listened to them forever, it felt right to hear them.

So thankful that I got to see them perform live, thankful that I was well enough to go, happy they sang the old classics and such a brilliant night. One I hope I'll remember for the rest of time.

-----------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading! Please let me know if you saw them too and what your favourite moments were.

Big love and Keep safe,

Rosie aka Bud xx

On topic posts: Meeting Tom Fletcher

Comments

Popular Posts