Where have I been? Life, Uni & Anxiety

@buddysummercreates

Erm...Hello.

It's been a little while, hasn't it?

I'm currently sitting in front of a screen live typing and not knowing exactly what I’ll say. That's how I used to do this, isn't it? 

So I've been away for a bit whilst my trusty little blog has sat here dormant and there's a very good reason for that. I've just completed my first year of university and I’m about to start my second year studying Textile Design. No shock really if you look at my Instagram and old news if you know me irl. 

You know what? I’m loving it which I never thought I would say. 

After feeling so anxious about going to university and not enjoying my year at another uni previously, this was a leap of faith that was no easy decision. I had a rocky start but found myself settling a lot quicker than what’s normal for me. Cut to almost a year later and my life has changed in so many ways. Before I felt like I

Shakeaway & Greggs= the best time! 

was stuck with no route ahead of me and my passion for creativity dwindling. There was no way into a career that I thought I’d be happy in. I was anxious, unhappy and lost. But since starting uni I have a large group of friends, I’m an editor for a student magazine and had my writing in print (more on that later), I’ve won an award for my work, I’ve been given part time jobs and been entrusted with responsibilities. 

I’ve had a year of academic, anxiety and life accomplishments which wouldn’t have happened if I didn’t work to make changes in my life. My past year hasn’t been easy. There’s been heartbreak, anxiety barriers and loneliness at times but I’m living life now. 

I find myself busy and I revel in it… I mean it can be stressful don’t get me wrong. But I have more drive now than I did a year ago.

For anyone anxious about making a big change in your life, my advice to you is to write down how you see your life if anxiety wasn’t an issue. What are you doing without anxiety as a hinderance? 

Here are a few quotes that helped me:

Comfort is the enemy of progress

- PT. Barnum

Growth is painful. Change is painful. But nothing is as painful as staying somewhere you don’t belong.


Making a big life change is scary. But, you know what’s even scarier? Regret.


The future is scary but you can’t run back to the past because it’s familiar.

- Robin Scherbatsky

Other news in my life is that I’ve been writing for a magazine. This is one of my biggest joys at the moment! To be able to say that I’m a section editor and that I’ve played a part in producing printed magazines is insane and a childhood goal I’m living out. I used to watch The Latest Buzz and pretend to be a journalist too. I even carried around a notebook and wrote little profiles and notes that I could turn into articles. 

@BuddySummerCreates A big task I was entrusted with was to print onto university tote bags!

So yes, my past year has been a busy one and continues getting busier the closer I get to returning to uni. I’m grateful to say that I’m mostly happy with where I am in my life at the moment. There are things that I’m working on, but I’m taking note of the experiences I don’t want to miss.

Thank you for reading! I wish you the best with this upcoming academic year! Remember that the university experience is an individual one, and having anxiety AND going to university is possible.

Big love,

Rosie xx



Comments

Popular Posts