*That* Doctor Who moment/ The Power of the Doctor


 *Spoilers feature*

Believe me when I tell you that the look on my face when Jodie's doctor regenerated into David T was of pure shock and delight. 

Who saw this coming? 

Goodness me. It’s been over a week and I’m still thinking about it.

Well done to the Doctor Who team for keeping this one a secret in the world of social media.
There had been images circulating socials for the last few weeks of David in his tenth Doctor gear, however, I passed this off as filming for the centennial special set to release in 2023. Throughout the whole episode, I was waiting for Ncuti's debut- I've seen many a series and regeneration ep but I thought the surprise transition would come partway through Sunday night's episode. I was not expecting the surprise that did happen guys.

David Tennant is who I refer to as my doctor. He's the one I fell in love with at the same time as I fell in love with the show. So to see him back as the doctor was brilliant. Even him saying what? instantly transported me back to when the Titanic ship crashed into his Tardis on Christmas eve, 2007. 

I've read (through Twitter so not sure how reliable this is) that David is set to return for 3 episodes in 2023, along with previous companion Donna Noble. Oh yeah!...we also got to see a glimpse of Catherine Tate! 
I'm wondering how this will play out since the last we as the audience heard Donna couldn't be reminded of her life with the doctor or else dire consequences. It would be brilliant to have Donna's relationship with the doctor be given a deserved ending. Let's have Donna remember her crazy former life and know how special she is.

My question is, was this costume a sign?

Does anyone remember this Orange jumpsuit from the Satan Pit episode in series 2 (2007)? This is when we first see the tenth doctor in his orange jumpsuit and then again in a later episode; The Waters of Mars (2009). Sunday nights episode featured Jodie’s doctor, plus her two companions, wearing the same jumpsuit. Was this a hint to what was to come?

We also got to see a glimpse of Ncuti, his outfit and hear his voice. I’m pleased to hear that Ncuti’s doctor will keep his original accent.

Final Q’s…

What will life be like for Yas now that the Doctor has regenerated? She has no clue as to what the doctor looks like now so how will she recognise him?

What the heck is going on with the doctor regenerating into their former self? 

Can we have David back for a while longer please?

Thank you for reading! Let me know your thoughts on the last east episode and David’s return. Wasn’t it crazy?

Big love and stay safe,
Rosie xx

Comments

Popular Posts