Sewing two types of bunting for a wedding! (commission)

Around a month ago I was approached with the task of making decorations for a June wedding. Like thousands of others, this wedding had been arranged for 2020 but had to be rescheduled for this year. Now the wedding party would be significantly more intimate with a smaller number of guests in a large venue. This couple needed my assistance to help beautify a specific area of the venue with their colour palette. They had fabrics and ideas and it was down to me to work my magic...

My area of expertise lent itself to decorating the venue with bunting. Seen as two of the fabrics were the colour teal but two separate shades, I came up with the idea of making rag bunting in the colours white, light, and dark teal. They were very excited by this idea and asked for 11 metres of it to fit the width of the ceiling.

They also wanted their names to feature on triangular bunting, so I played around with styles and came up with this...



Here they are in situ...

I was given free rein which I always love because it allows me to explore design ideas and not limit myself. I find that sometimes design ideas can sound great together but not look how they were envisioned. This is where I step in and make changes. I always keep in contact with the (for lack of a better word) client to make sure they're happy.

Thankfully they were happy with what I had made which means that my job was complete!

Forgive me for my picture qualities as It proved a challenge getting a 17 triangle bunting to fit in a camera frame.

------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading.

Big love, 

Bud xx

Previous post: Catch up- Mental health chat & What I've been up to

Where to find me:


Comments

Popular Posts