September Favourites- Exciting Post!


September feels like ages ago. Warm days just beginning to get the tiniest bit colder. Walking out the door without hesitation for a coat or jacket. Last few Ice creams chilling in the freezer. 



Don't those days seem long gone? 

Which is all the more reason to pull it back with this blog post- and not at all because it's a little bit late. *Pulls the neck of my hooded jumper over my cringing smile and tightly shut eyelids*. 

Here goes...

Receiving post I
s a somewhat exciting experience for me. That rush to the door to find my name within the pile of envelopes happens every time I hear the light tap of the letterbox. That being said, as I've grown older the post is typically not the kind of content that fuels my excitement. Until...

1) At the very beginning of September, I was greeted with a very exciting post. I opened a large gold envelope to reveal my certificate for the award I won back in June (Mentioned here) and I was so so excited! This wasn't something I was expecting and it simply lifted me up. It's now framed and proudly displayed on the wall.

My awards evening attire and trophy

2) The exciting post didn't end there. Within the month before, I had written to one of my favourite authors/creators Carrie Hope Fletcher. About a year ago I made a dress inspired by a character in her book All That She Can See and I felt inspired/very curious to write to her to tell her of this creation. 

Writing a book or creating a piece is something I think demonstrates hard work and a love for what they do. When the reaction is one such as inspiration and a story that stays with the reader, I think it's a positive thing to share how much you're connected to said thing. 
How many times are negatives shared without a second thought? For me, if there's a positive I've found about someone/something else I always want to share it. 

I wrote to Carrie and explained the dress and theory behind each detail and to absolute my greatest pleasure, I got a response! This was so so lovely, I was overjoyed! 

Furthermore, as if that wasn't exciting enough, my letter can be seen in one of her videos. She picks up a big pile of letters she's received and I can see my Christmas stamp in the corner (Yes it was in September)
To be honest, I was a little hesitant to use this Christmas stamp but, you know what? If I didn't I may not have been able to pick mine out.



At the time I wrote a long post about my creation, which you can read here: Cherry's Dress/ Garment Creation

3) Party Rings- Who says Party Rings are just for children's parties? 

4) Boot sales- Many childhood memories of mine that I'm very fond of take place at a boot-sale. This summer I visited a handful for the first time in a while and it was soul-soothing. I love the nostalgia, the sun, the smell of the hot dog van and the sight of lots and lots of people strolling around a bright and happy field. 
I managed to find a few treasures, one of which being High School Musical 1 and 2. I am very aware that I am an adult but these films make me so nostalgically happy. Full disclosure we circled around after seeing them and I got my boot sale buddy to pick them up for me. I may be an adult and but sometimes I'm not so outwardly confident about my love for these films!


The calm before the chaos

5) Modern family
- Yes, this has been in my Favourites blog post since May. However, just when I thought I had seen them all thrice over, I found new episodes in season 9 that I had never seen before. Watching Modern Family at the end of each day became my little sliver of a normal routine in my crazy days this month. I enjoyed the thought of getting back to watch it after spending the day out of my comfort zone.


6) Going through old photographs is both a lovely and eye tingling experience. As much as photographs make me happy, looking at old times always make me a bit sad. Still, I got to organise and create digital wonders like these...





7) A song that I have been loving this month and one I sing all the time is When He Sees Me from the musical WaitressI discovered this very randomly on Youtube one day and I was so hooked on it from the beginning. 
So I'm not very musically inclined but I'll do my best to explain: The dynamic between the lyrics and the music is so different from any song I've heard before. It's sung in a way that feels like your memorising and able to sing all of these sentences- which is a typical quality of my favourite songs. I love singing along to it and being a theatre actress for a very small amount of time. 
I know and love two other songs from Waitress and I am so certain that I'd love the Musical!

8) Finally, a sleepover with the Fam is exactly what I needed. We went to Frankie and Bennies for Dinner (My favourite) and then chilled in our pyjamas. Absolute Dream!


Morning Glory

As ever, Thank you for reading today's blog post. I hope you enjoyed it and find comfort in this November. I will see you very soon!

Love,
Buddy xx

Previous Post: Discovering Grandad Dennis/ Remembrance Sunday

Where to Find Me: 
Instagram
Facebook
Twitter
BlogLovin' 
 

Popular Posts