Making my first memory bear!

Hello,

I hope you're having a lovely May so far. 

I've just returned home from a lovely bank holiday weekend with my family, celebrating my big sisters graduation! We laughed, we sang along to Little mix, there were tears, there were hugs and one very delicious cake!

It was lovely and we are all very proud.

So, the topic at hand.
 
My latest completed commission is a memory bear made out of an old school uniform. 

When I was approached with this project a little while back, I began to search for the most suitable teddy bear pattern. I had never made a bear before- I'd repaired one! But making them is a whole new skill. Thankfully after a few trials, I found a goodun and can now add making teddy bears to my skills list (forever practising and improving)…


Details:

- Made entirely out of school uniform.

- Includes their hand embroidered name and years spent at this school.

- Featuring the schools logo (although this is covered in my photos for privacy reasons)

- Filled with cotton stuffing for soft squishy cuddles!

- Completed with a hand sewn mini bookbag which is secured to the bear so it doesn't get lost.

The bears size is 30cm sat down and 45cm stood up. So quite a good size.



As per usual, I had constant communication with the client to make sure they're happy. Although the finished bear is always kept hidden as a surprise at the end (the best part).
------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading! Feel free to ask me any questions about commissions.

Big love,
Bud xx

Comments

Popular Posts