Friends-Fest(ive) 2021!


In celebration of my mum's 60th birthday, a group of us took a day trip to London to visit Friendsfest. 

Now because It's December, we got to experience Friends a la festive. We got the holidays theme which meant that everything was based off of festive episodes; the dancing turkey head, Ross and Monica's New Years Rocking Eve dance, Monica and the boys apartments decked in decorations, props from holiday episodes.

We got to ring Phoebes bell outside of Macy's, take our picture with the Holiday Armadillo and recreate the floating heads.

Overall it was an incredible experience walking into the sets and seeing in real life what I've only ever seen on TV. Such a pinch me moment for everything to become 3D- I sat at Monica's table and on her sofa, I patted Pat The Dog and held the guys football table in my hands. I also stood behind the coffee house bar! I made sure to try and look at everything I could, as I was most excited to see the parts of the sets that we don't see in 2D. For example, behind the coffee house table and bar, the side of Monica's sofa obscured from view, the objects on the shelves and the posters up-close in the apartments. Little things but all fill the gaps in my memories of the show.

I held Hugsy- which you can buy at the store by the way-, and sat on the orange couch in Central Perk!

Before I get to the photos, I'd like to mention that faces are covered for privacy reasons, however these are all my images. Enjoy!

Set tour: Monica's apartment, Chandler and Joey's apartment, and Central Perk.



Some sections aren't pinpointed as specific places to take photographs (i.e. Pat the dog, the drum kit) so my advice is to make sure you get photos with the things you want to even if there isn't a crew member with a camera pointed at it. It's your experience and it would be a shame to let opportunities go by. 


When my group got to the coffee house counter, a guy sat down with his partner on the orange couch and as she sat down he got on one knee to propose. I completely missed this but the sound of clapping made me turn round to see him giving her the ring.

Interactive scenes: Floating Heads, title-sequence-orange-couch, Monica and Ross's New Years Rocking Eve dance, ringing Phoebe's bell outside Macy's, meeting the Holiday Armadillo and more.

-------------------------------------------------------

What I will say is that visiting the sets was incredible, there are cameras at each section and they give you a QR code so you can download your photographs for free later on. However, your groups allotted time for photos is very short. We were given time to take a couple photos at most and one photo on each attraction during the main set tour. It wasn't enough time to take-in the surroundings and details and really savour what we were seeing. It felt rushed which is such a shame as taking photos was the main activity.

There was one very lovely lady working on one of the cameras that gave us a little more time. We asked if we could very quickly take one more of each of us sitting in Monica's armchair and she, at first, asked us to move on then in a hushed voice said we could take our time.

---------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading. I hope you enjoyed this photo-heavy post.

Happy New Year!

Big love and keep safe,

Bud xxx

Previous post: Creating a memory book...Gift ideas!

Where to find me:


Comments

Popular Posts