The 'Colourful people' collage chat


Many people have read my blog post It's Ok (of which I am very grateful, thank you if you are a previous reader) and I think a big part of that reason may be the collage. So, I thought today I'd talk about it as I didn't so much on the post.

This collage came about last summer. I was in the mindset of wanting to create something without any pressure to later share on social media if I didn't want to, solely for me to be creative and take time out. I discovered a black and white image and being a lover of bright colours I had an idea to add a pop to the shadows. 

I managed to arrange the colours so that the shadows take on human features, e.g. arms and legs. I'm really pleased with how this has turned out, especially the blue and white stripe as it looks like a person completely covered in a blue and white striped pyjama suit.


When It came to my blog post It's Ok I struggled for a long time to find a visual that went well with the message of self-acceptance and people having more than one side to them; abolishing stereotypes and imperfections. That was until I rediscovered my collage.

Shadows are ever-present and mostly ignored. To me, the collage being at a birdseye view feels like the viewer has been given the gift of truly seeing the person; their flaws, perfections, quirks, habits, etc. It's seeing that no two people are exactly the same even though we may have similarities. And It's ok to be who you are.






--------------------------------------------------------------------

As ever, thank you for reading.

Big love,

Buddy xx

Previous Post: It's Ok

Where to find me:

Comments

Popular Posts