Commission: Marucci Ice Cream Face Masks

One week into 2021, I received a message from Marucci's Ice Cream asking if I could make them 20 face coverings with their logo. These were to be a very special tribute for their Grandad, who I'm told was an ice cream man. They'll be worn at his funeral in his honour.

I felt very honoured to be asked especially since these were for such a special tribute.

So, I thought I'd write all about the experience of making these masks on my blog.

First off I made a sample and sent them a picture. I was given details they wanted, for example, backing colour, the ice cream and business name. I did my research into ice cream flavours and the business. I found that their ice cream van is a bright pink and so I made the scoop this colour to match. 

I played around with composition, sizing and font and when I was happy I used my drawing as a template for the mask. 

The writing is hand embroidered, whilst the ice cream and details are machine embroidered. 


When I got the green light that they were happy with my design I got to work making 20 face coverings.

I also chose to use green to resemble a mint flavour and brown to resemble chocolate, as well as pink for strawberry.



All in all, it took me 11 days to embroider and put together each of these masks. 

The response was just what I'd hoped for as I was told that the family absolutely loved them. They were even kind enough to leave me this review...

-------------------------------------------------------------

I'm very grateful to Marucci's Ice cream for asking me to make these masks. I'm also very grateful to have had something keeping me busy and creative every day. It was nice to feel that responsibility from a creative project- reminded me of my college days!

As ever, thank you for reading.

Big love, 

Buddy xx


Where to find me:

Comments

Popular Posts