Girl About The House- Making One Hundred and Twenty Three Masks


Never had it ever crossed my mind that wearing face masks would be the norm in the UK. And here I am sat amongst fabrics ready to be sewn together and I have just finished my 123rd face covering. 

Some of the fabrics I've chosen are exceptionally beautiful and I'm particularly excited about the patterns I have yet to make masks with...and maybe something for myself too! I've mostly gone for plant life as these are the patterns I love the most but I've stretched out with a couple prints for a bit of variety across my range of masks. 


I'm pleased to find that my skills have come to some use during this pandemic- even if only on a little scale.

It's a very odd thing to wear a mask and I've found it awkward and uncomfortable at times but more and more I'm getting used to it. 

100% of the feedback I've got from people wearing these masks has been positive and not to blow my own horn too much but I'm proud of the quality and design I've come to. After a bit of time perfecting the measurements and fabrics, I'm happy with their function and quality. This is backed by the fact that on multiple occasions people have come back to me and asked for more. 

Many of the face coverings I've made now belong to family and friends and others have been added to my Etsy shop. It's really exciting when something I've made sells. Each time I'll feel a rush of excitement; and achievement I guess. I run to the nearest person to tell them.

I've added some more face coverings to my Etsy shop since my last Etsy update and I will leave the link to my shop here:


There's only one orange/pink/green floral print left on my shop.

In days to come, I will be making some more out of gorgeous floral materials I bought last week. I was particularly lucky on this trip and I plan on attempting a dress in a couple gorgeous of fabrics as well.


-------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading.

All the love and keep safe,

Buddy xx

Previous Post: Fun Journal Writing Prompts for Book, Tv, and Film Lovers


Where to Find Me: 

Popular Posts