Mini PaperChase Haul & Student Organise Tips / Tangent




My love affair with Paperchase started just over 3 years ago when I discovered a beautiful over shoulder bag in a charity shop. The rucksack was covered in soft watercolour flowers with thin black illustrated flora over the top. It is simply the most beautiful bag I've ever seen. I fell in love with it instantly and after a few days of umming and ahhing (I am very indecisive- even over things I definitely love), I ran back into Age UK to buy it for £6.


The beautiful exterior print
Gross on the inside as it was (gum in the lining pocket, that musty smell on the inside) a good clean- and an occasional Ferbreeze- didn't take away the wonder.
I get so many compliments on this bag and the smile of the complimentee is made even bigger when I say I found it in a charity shop.
I imagined it used to belong to an older lady with its delicate patterns. Back then I thought Paperchase was a simple stationery shop as I'd never set foot in one- oh was I wrong.

Within the last 4 months, I've stepped inside a Paperchase 7 times. Two of those times were in the same afternoon when yet again I couldn't decide whether to invest money into a new gorgeous floral bag. I was overjoyed to find that my one-of-a-kind treasure charity shop purchase is not the only amazing thing to ever have come from Paperchase.
Walking around Paperchase is always a lovely experience and never a quick 5 minutes. I get swept away by each cleverly pinned notebook and card, every novelty nick-nac and gorgeous pattern; that can be found repeated on bags to pencil cases. 


A shop where you can find dinosaur stationery and space themed items is the exact place I want to find myself in.

The reason I wanted to talk about this today is that I believe in sharing positivity with things I genuinely love. I also got bits and bobs for my birthday and so I wanted to share my excitement ...

First up is my 2020 diary. It astonishes me that it's now 2020! The patterns, interior and exterior are beautiful and so so feel good. I broke my family's rule of not looking at the date of a calendar or diary until you get to that time but the floral lovelies were peeping through over the edge and I couldn't resist! For each month a positive quote sets the tone. My favourite: Thankful Every Day. Blessed Beyond Measure




I am so very excited to use this next year.




Number 2 is a gorgeous floral pencil case. To me, it has an elegant Japanese vibe and that alone emanates calm; as if it's also currently the pattern on a room separator in a spa. I immediately delegated the case to my small paint tubes which will come in really handy when I want to paint on my travels.




Number 3. I am a self-confessed list maker so the fact I now have a book with already made lists is brilliant. I'm also taking it as permission from my family to keep going with the excessive lists. I must not be the only one, it's now a book!
The lists range from Celebrities I'd like to have dinner with, The things I love about summer, Things I'm putting off, Teachers I remember, Day Trips I must take and many many more fun and random topics. And at the very end of the book, there are blank pages for you to make up your own lists. As well as this, throughout the book are quirky and nostalgic illustrations.

It's a fun and lovely little book bringing out the positivity in every day. 





Number 4: Spotty Notebook and Student organise tips-

And finally, speaking of organising, my most recent purchase is this spotty notebook. I bought this whilst I was out looking for a diary to sort my life out, essentially. I had what I wanted in mind which was pages with the date and separate sections fit for different areas of life. Right before going to the final shop of the day I thought I would find this in, I pulled my equally tired shopping buddy into Paperchase. Here was this absolute dream of a notebook with a simple section for the date and a blank space. How very perfect! Paperchase seems to know what I need before I do.
That evening I sat in front of About Time on the tv, pj's on and a sofa to myself, and I sorted everything out. I essentially took all of the information that I've needed to store daily out of my brain and into the notebook. I'm hoping this will help me feel on top of everything and give me a 
clearer mind for creating. I'll let you know!


So far I've dedicated the first page to a key with each colour and post-it belonging to one university/ life area. From there I've looked at the two timetables I was given and arranged them into each date. Daily I'll get emails about the lessons following and what I'll need so I use the lined space to write my ingredients list for the day. 




I'll write the date and day at the top with the main lessons of the day besides. Directly underneath that, I have other happenings of the day as typically my days are split into AM and PM. 
Next to this, I'll have Need To Bring where I will list absolutely everything I'll need for that day.
Homework is listed in yellow post-its and separated into green post-it notes of Need to do. Then highlight in orange for priority.
Independent study is highlighted in purple.
Deadlines and Hand-ins are highlighted blue.
Orange post-its are for my blog.
Pink highlights are for non-uni events, I find this really helpful in knowing how much time I'll have to work and what has to be done before this. 
It makes me feel a little bit more on top of things and I can move post-it's around when I haven't done it on one day.
It's also good for knowing what I need for the next day, what I need to do that day and what absolutely must be done that day.
-------------------------
It's not just me that has this kind of reaction to Paperchase. On my most recent trip, I was stood looking at all of the stunning 2020 diaries and notebooks when a lady guided her child's buggy next to the section I was occupying. I was most likely giving off silent enthusiasm. She said: Isn't there something so lovely about notebooks. With a content smile on her face. It was a rhetorical question but I answered with 'They're so pretty'.



Sadly my 3-year-old watercolour rucksack is cracking away and I'm not using it so much. It's still one of the most favourite things I own.

As ever, thank you for reading and I will be back soon.

Love,
Buddy Summer xx

......

Full disclosure I have not been asked by paperchase (or anyone) to talk about their products. Nor have I been gifted; although technically they were presents- but not from the company.

......


Where to Find Me: 
Instagram
Facebook
Twitter
Bloglovin'
21 Buttons (Fashion)


Popular Posts