October Favourites




Based on my previous post, You will now know that I've been a very busy student for the past few months. Therefore Favourites blog posts have been coming to you a bit slowly...

Without further ado, these are a few of my favourite things (I hope you're singing that sentence) about October. 

1) Whatsapp- considering I love taking photographs and I am the unofficial unpaid photographer at family events, I am very surprised that It's only now that I've got Whatsapp... and I love it! After having stored a lot of photos of the aforementioned family events big and small, I was approached by family desperate to see the pics I had taken- and quickly. Whatsapp allowed me to do this. 

I enjoy how when you are sent an image it instantly saves to your phone. Brilliant! And, you know the delete button is there for when you just don't want that dodgy image of yourself. (Not Sponsered)

2) Speaking of family events big and small, I went to a big party in October and all (but some) of my family members were there. 

Whatsapp came in handy the very next day when social media came into the mix. 


A -only slightly- dizzy little one...

3)
Phil Dunphy: My love of Modern Family has continued and been in my favourites for a while now and so I thought for this post I would list my favourite moments of my favourite character: Phil Dunphy.

- When he falls over Mitchell in the episode Mother (Series 9, episode 20) who is wearing a salmon colour, which is similar to his skin tone, and he cant be seen. It makes me laugh every time when Phil falls over him, manages to get himself up and still not able to see Mitchell.
- That face he pulls when he's said something odd without realising.
- 'WTF- Why the face'
- Phils-osophy
- The 'Not a Real Man' bench sign


GIF from GIFER
I have finished watching the entire series and actually, there were a few I hadn't seen. I'm now going through it again as it turned out to be a comfort and I quite like that fact. 

4) Song: Rip Tide by Vance Joy. My memory of this song is driving home on a mini road trip and loving knowing all the words. Since this point, I've been trying to find it. 

A few months ago when I was at an outside concert 'thing' and the song came on again I realised It was the one but didn't note it down. I'd been trying to remember it and on the 12th of October, I found it on a YouTube playlist I had on whilst working. I'm so pleased that I found it! 

5) Mixing my own set of pigment colours- the final colours are beautiful!

Pigments are used for Screenprinting and I went on to print my own designs onto card and fabric. 



6) Something I am proud of myself for is sitting through two lectures this month. As many of you who read my blog may know, I often get anxious and situations such as lectures or assemblies have, for the majority of my life, been very difficult. I was lucky, and quite relieved, in that at college I didn't have to go to assemblies and there weren't many situations where I would have to be in a large crowd of people all silent and listening to someone talking to the crowd. The thought of lectures is terrifying and scared me very much in deciding if I was going to go to university so I am incredibly proud of myself that I managed to sit through them.
For anyone with anxiety that also finds things like this difficult, know that I actually found it ok. It felt a little bit like a cinema. 
I did things to make sure I felt comfortable and that I could stay there and they helped and I did. 

7) Film: Morning Glory- yet another Racheal Mcadams film I love. I found it in a charity shop which was an absolute dream. I saved watching this film until I had done a good amount of work to have a break but I just couldn't help myself. 
It doesn't contribute to society or anything on this level but it is a happy feel-good movie and I love it! I wish more films were made like this- not for a message but just feel good with no ulterior motive. 

8) Learning new Photoshop bits, like adding texture and the Deselect tool. Photoshop is one of my favourite designing tools and the possibilities are endless. I need a good amount of time on there to be able to get into the swing of it but If I sit down with a rough idea of what I want to do or an image to use, I'm golden and I can sit there for hours. 



A Little Sneak Peak...
9) Brighton. For the weekend I visited Brighton and spent time on the pier where we visited the arcade, ate creps ventured down the beach to the Upsidedown house. We had a game night in the evening and overall a lovely trip. 

10) Paperchase- I found an appreciation for this shop in this month. I like the novelty themes, the card captions and beautiful notebooks. 

11) Floral trousers; my 
New New Look outfit: I was due some new clothes and so I bought a beautiful pair of floral trousers. They're comfy, they're beautiful!

There's something very vintage about them and it's nice to wear something that feels and looks good. 



I am as of today featuring on 21 Buttons which is a website where you can showcase what you're wearing to your followers, and there's a link on each item which will take you to that exact item on the brand's website. So if you are interested, the link to my 21 Buttons profile is Here
Also, the trousers are now £10 which I think is amazing as I spent a little bit more.
(Not sponsored or asked to promote them, but I am on their website. For full disclosure, when a garment is sold through a link of a Buttoner it means that the Buttoner eventually gets a percentage of that sale. To my knowledge, there are T's & C's beyond this point but fundamentally that's what the website is about).

12) I went to a pottery class and decided to make a sunflower. I'm not too sure what this will be after it's painted but I am very pleased with the result. Maybe a dish of some sort?



13) Lastly, seeing Neil finally dance on Strictly Come Dancing as a professional with a celebrity partner. If u could've seen my face when I found out that Neil (a dancer on strictly) now dances with a celeb as opposed to just in group performances...I was so pleased. Instantly a smile appeared on my face with my mouth open in delighted surprise. I think It's brilliant. He's a very talented dancer with a unique style and I am so happy for him. 


As always, Thank you for reading today's post. I will be back soon...

Love,
Buddy xx

Previous Post: Recently I've Been...A Student for 3 Months



Popular Posts