Sunshine, July and Daily Tangents #27 Mix



Original Collage by Buddy Summer 'Mix'

Hello and welcome to the start of another Sunshine, July and Daily Tangents blog post.


I have had a very busy day today (a couple days ago by the time this is uploaded- Sorry!) as I have been working for a wedding. I spent the 27th helping to make sure the wedding day of two people ran smoothly and without a hitch. From what I am aware, they had an amazing day. I ended the very busy day by eating a Mcdonalds in front of Modern Family. How wonderful a treat after a long and tiring 27th of July!

When I first considered the theme Mix I thought I could bake something and have a nice little tutorial or day in the life but then I thought for a while and actually, this project Is about thinking outside of the box. Besides, there was no time to bake a single thing today! There was a cake with swirly pink and white frosting, three layers and two smiling people on the top but I did not bake it, nor did I try any- It's unprofessional you see *wink*.
I also considered a theme with paint, so I will include one image here:


#IHaveThisThingWithColour

Speaking of baking, I like a good metaphor. So here it goes...


Mix. To make biscuits you need flour, butter, sugar and eggs- except not eggs because then it would be a cake. 

Working all day with a variety of different people doing various things made me think of ingredients and how you need all of these people for the meal to be successful. Ingredients must work together very much like a team of people. Successful biscuits need various ingredients that harmonise. Eggs are what you don't need. You don't need or want negativity. In some cases, bad ingredients, i.e. gone-off eggs, can completely and utterly tarnish the biscuits. Luckily today they did not.

It's the first time in a while that I've worked in a team. I worked with really good people and unfortunately some not good people. To be entirely fair, they weren't in my area of work but had enough of a force so that I couldn't banish them from my mind entirely or afterwards. It's a shame and I personally love for everyone to get on -as innocent as it sounds. I feel like the girl from Mean Girls who's emotionally asking everyone to get on. 'She doesn't even go here!'
I think in a way it's a positive thing that I encountered this unfriendliness and negativity because it made me realise that I hadn't been around it quite like this for a while. Which means that I've got a good thing going, currently. 

But let's not dwell on that. Let's not think about these people but the wonderful wedding day. 

It was an interesting position I was in to, at times, stand and watch the evening unfold. There were beautifully real and emotional speeches, children running and bouncing around on space hoppers, a lot of dancing, plenty of drinking and so much food consumed. It was a room full of happy chatting people, all there for the two individuals who tied the knot.

What I found was that there was a variety of people- different ages, heights, outfits, hair colours and so on. A real mixture pulled together. 
In an interview with James Corden, he spoke of how he found himself at a wedding years back with his then-girlfriend and he got the idea for his show Gavin and Stacey. He found it odd how he was invited to such a special day when he barely knew the couple. Having been to weddings as a guest many times I can completely understand looking around at everyone and recognising on occasion a good 10% at least, 70% at most. And that's because when you get married you invite your friends, relatives, maybe co-workers all of whom invite their partners and plus ones. On top of this, you have members of staff. Therefore the room is packed with a mix of individuals.
The show, Gavin and Stacey, was born when James could see how a wedding brings people together who ordinarily wouldn't have met. All because of simply two people who met and fell in love. 

Imagine being a disco ball positioned on the ceiling, looking down at the packed wedding venue. You see the crowd swimming around each other mingling, chatting and some with their eyes and brain trained on the empty table a few feet away. They are all mixing and moving around all the while helping, with not much conscious effort, to make the Bride and Grooms day the best it could be. They are all ingredients. You can't make yummy meals without ingredients.
-------------------
It's not something I've done before, working for a wedding. Typically my roles for such events have been to create beautiful crafty pieces for the Bride and Groom which they showcase on the day. Today was unique and I got to see for myself what James Corden meant.

If there's one thing I've taken from today it's that having Space Hoppers at a wedding is a very good idea.

As ever, thank you so much for reading day 27 of Sunshine, July and Daily Tangents. I will see you very soon with day 28: Sing.

Love,

Buddy xx

Yesterday's post: #26 Introduce

Where To Find Me:
Instagram
Facebook
Twitter
BlogLovin' 


Popular Posts