Sunshine, July and Daily Tangents #25 Hair



Hello, welcome to the start of another Sunshine, July and Daily Tangents blog post. You have arrived at day 25 which is based around the theme of hair.

If you weren't aware, this blog has been very busy this month with a post every day inspired by my list of random prompts. Each day has brought a new topic which I have interpreted any which way. I've tried to think outside of the box as much as I can. With some themes, I can instantly place a topic or memory and others I have to do a little bit of research.
If you have been an avid follower (I thank you very much) you will have noticed that yesterdays post (New York, New York) didn't go up on the 24th like planned. Unfortunately, WIFI wasn't on my side and still isn't in fact which means that I'm currently writing away hoping to find WIFI later on and copy this back out to upload and send into the world of the internet. Makes for an interesting journey there, I suppose!

Today, the 25th of July is stated as the hottest day the UK has ever had since records began. As I write this, it's raining droplets outside. I can smell the rain on the concrete- lovely smell. It hasn't felt all too hot today, I think my expectations were raised with the hype, but I'm thankful as too much heat can feel heavy and unbearable.

Hair. I go by my mind alone for this topic as I have no access to the internet to inspire or nudge an idea.

When I was at school, I learnt in science that the hairs on our arms stand up when we're cold because the strands are doing something (forgive me for not knowing the specifics) to keep us warm. As if they are talking to each other like Guys our human is cold, assemble!

Recently I watched an advert for a razor company showing women shaving in a way to normalise this act. It is normal and somewhat taboo but what surprised me was one woman shaving her arms. I thought ah, we have to do that now! with a begrudging mindset. And I was concerned for my niece who was sat next to me watching the same ad I was. I didn't want her thinking that this is what she had to do eventually. Why is it that our bodies put things in place, or do certain things, and we break them down?
For example, once I watched an episode of Botched which is about doctors in America who help real-life people who have had their plastic surgery go wrong. There was a man, or woman- can't remember, who had some ribs removed in order to gain a tinier waist and resemble a doll. Our ribcages protect our organs which means that this person is at risk- a walking porcelain doll. 

I quite like the idea of our bodies putting things in place to protect us- a bit like the Disney film Inside Out. Of course, this is what the body actually does and there are a lot of other things it does that I don't fully understand the reasons why. For example, why do we get goosebumps when we're taken b something- a film or song? Why do the hairs on the back of our necks stand up when you're scared? Why do my eyes water when I'm not on the edge of crying? Why do we sneeze? Why do we dream? What makes us yawn? Why does my nose run when I'm putting on mascara or walking fast? This last one, I don't know if it's just me, I'd really like to know.
There are answers to all of these questions but you and me both are left in the dark with no internet to help us out. I will find out eventually, I'm a very curious soul who will spring up a question at most opportunities.

I think its social pressures that influence the break down of our bodies protection. This reads very dramatically but what I mean is that it becomes a fashion too, say, shave your arms when that's what your body does to keep you warm. Once upon a time, women didn't have to shave the hair under their arms or their legs. I wonder what will be the norm in years to come? I do hope its not shaving arms, I can't be dealing with that.

Thank you for reading today's posts. Three in one day! You lucky people. I will be back tomorrow (I hope) with day 26: Introduce. 

Love,

Buddy xx

PS: I'm quite pleased with today's post. The words seemed to flow which is brilliant!

Yesterdays Post: #24 New York New York

Where To Find Me:
Instagram
Facebook
Twitter
BlogLovin' 


Popular Posts