My Titanic Inspired Textile Wall Piece / Textile Art & Garment Creation




Did you ever wonder what my final piece was for all of the Titanic research I've told you about? I was waiting until I got my results and I did... back in September! 

I received a Distinction grade for my textile art project!

*Whoop Whoop*

I absolutely loved this project and now have a real attachment to the history of this intriguing historical happening. This project ignited a love of Cyanotype printing (something I do every chance I get!) and darkroom photography (a room that fills me with happiness every time I get a whiff of the chemicals).

As a side note, I've reached post number 60! What better way to hit a diamond milestone than to share my adored creation...


Artist Statement
No ship however powerful or well designed is unsinkable. 

This work is concerned with stages before, during and after the Titanic Disaster. With the creation of a wall piece, including a detailed blueprint encompassed by a variety of multimedia techniques and processes. Each detail has a reason for placement and a fact behind it.

The artist aims to put the viewer behind the scenes, as a higher up crewmember of the Titanic. Decorative techniques were used to communicate factual information, including what now takes over the incredible ship: Rusticles.
The rust died skirt enables the artist to create a clear depiction of the time, including the passengers.

With the inclusion of self-written narratives, the artist conveys the emotion and commotion of the disaster, bringing the over 100-year-old story back to life, this day.
----------------

Thank you for reading

Much love, Buddy Summer xx

All Work Featured is Copyright of Buddy Summer



Popular Posts