2019 'To-Read' Pile / Books



Fantastic beasts the Crimes of Grindelwald
The screenplay. Yes, I have seen the film but I didn't understand it entirely. I'm hoping the screenplay will help me out. I often need two doses of certain stories in order to understand them.

How To Be Happy by Eva Woods
Carrie Hope Fletcher spoke about this book in a video over a year ago and it sounded lovely. I was very pleased the day it popped out at me in the bookshop, quite a while later. 

The Titanic Enigma by Tom West
I found this book in a charity shop whilst I was doing research for the Titanic- or it may have been just after. I am still hugely interested in the "Practically unsinkable ship" and actually, when I watch the film nowadays I find that my emotional response is so much more than it was pre-project. 

Distortion by Victor Dixon
Don't judge a book by its cover but this is indeed a very beautiful book!


Escape by C.L.Taylor
On loan from a friend. 

KOOK by Chris Vick
This book has been on my reading pile for ages! I started to read it a while back and just wasn't feeling it. It's possible that I wasn't in the mindset for this kind of story at the time.

Kardashian Dynasty by Ian Halperin
Being totally honest, I'm not sure that this non-fiction book is the one for me. Nonetheless, I'm going to give it a read.

The Divergent Trilogy by Veronica Roth
These 3 books were gifted to me with the instructions to pass them on after I've finished. I think its a very good idea to pass them along the line of readers and non-readers. I like to imagine the people who have read the book before me- especially in charity shops when the books often have character. By this I mean when the pages are starting to yellow.
Although saying this I do love new books- when your the first to explore the fresh pages!

How To Fall In Love by Cecelia Ahern
Found in a charity shop. I've never read a book by Cecelia Ahern and thought I'd start with this one.



Anne Frank The Diary Of A Young Girl
This one, I reckon, will be read in the summer. I remember reading it when I was seven years of age and learning about this diary at school. Although I can't remember much about it, I remember finding it interesting. 

Happy by Fern Cotton
Very excited for this book. I've recently been listening to a couple of Ferns' podcasts, Happy Place, and I've really enjoyed them.

Wishlist
Waiting for the paperback of the following two to be released:
  • Eve Of Man by Giovanna and Tom Fletcher
  • When The Curtain Falls by Carrie Hope Fletcher
I like to read paperbacks whilst I'm out and about as they fit nicely in my bag, easier to grip and there's no jacket to shift up and down.

I have no doubt that more books will be added to this list- I may not be able to read every book on the above this year. Whatever the result, I will be reporting back to you!


Thank you for reading! 

Love Buddy Summer xx


Popular Posts