The Greatest Showman /Reviews


The Greatest Showman is an explosion of every single synonym for sensational!
If you couldn’t tell, I absolutely loved it. Without sounding too hyperbolic, every single song, dance, individual story and overall visual creation directed by Michael Gracey, in my eyes, was wonderful. There was a moment when I could sense that the movie was nearly over and felt a subtle longing for the lights not to come up.
In total honesty, my excitement was first captured after the first few seconds of the opening song. I think seeing the film in a cinema was all the better for emphasizing the magic of the circus/performing world.
The story, inspired by P.T Barnum, promotes the brilliance of unique qualities and how, if they are looked at in a new light, can be a cherished possession. Not only was the story inspiring but the hard work from the creative cast and team was very evident.
I believe that, as films usually are, the story was jazzed up a bit for viewing. Regardless, P.T Barnum's story was told and has provoked me to find out more about this very talented man.
When asked what my favorite ‘bit’ was I replied “all of it- but not the sad bits”; even then, the sad parts are inevitable and clearly did their job because they made the audience feel something.
What I hope for in a movie is too make me feel something when walking out of the cinema, this film did exactly that. I felt excited by the story, inspired by the creative team to continue to be creative- Michael Gracey's vision is impeccable- and was left wanting to see more.
I will in no doubt be watching this film again and again, and possibly obsessive listen to the soundtrack too?

Comments

Popular Posts