The No-Show by Beth O’Leary ~ Book Review

Book: The No-Show

Author: Beth O'Leary

Brief blurb: Three women, three dates, one missing man...

Note: Spoilers pre-warned later on

Where to find the book: 

Amazon: (paperback) / (hardback) / (Kindle edition) / (audiobook)

Bookshop .org: (paperback) / (hardback)

-------------------------------------------------

Well, what a read. 

In my notes I have, I loved it so much! Which, of all reactions to a book, is up there with the best.

This book is so cleverly written. It must've taken so long to map everything out. (You'll see this in many reviews. This book is superb). Beth has such a talent for characters and plots so to have 3 central characters was very satisfying to read. As well as admirable! 

You would think that being given 3 times the amount of information, you'd be able to workout what the result would be but I had absolutely no idea.

There's something about the world Beth creates that feels like you're being immersed in a lovely place. So beautiful and so homely. This book was no different. I absolutely loved it from start to finish.

Heart-warming, feel-good, intriguing, ingenious. 

-------------------------------------------

Spoilers to follow...

I was expecting to hate Joseph at first as it appeared he was dating all three women at once. I thought ugh how disrespectful of this man to lead on 3 women and ditch them. But actually, I grew to like him once I knew and ended up feeling a softness towards this heart-broken man.

By the end of the book I felt so heart-warmed. I really felt all the emotions by the time I reached the last page.

I like that the three women end up having helped each other and formed this connection when it so easily could've gone in the opposite direction; which so often happens in most narratives when there's more than one love interest and one guy. I admire that Beth's writing is modern in that way.

The book also provided an example of how two people, who feel so broken, can love each other and their insecurities. We're all a little bit broken and it felt nice to read this.

Also, one last rave, nearing the end I'd hoped to find out how lockdown/the pandemic would pan out in these characters lives and we do. Brilliant.

So, a question for people who've read this book (and to Beth if she's reading!) was it ever mentioned why Carter missed his first date with Siobhan?
It's possible I missed this part but there's a chance it may not have been explained with how their particular story pans out. If you happen to know this, please let me know.

------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading! I'll leave a link below to where you can buy the book...

Amazon: (paperback) / (hardback) / (Kindle edition) / (audiobook)

Bookshop .org: (paperback) / (hardback)

Big love,

Bud xx



Comments

Popular Posts