Sewing my 5th Memory Quilt - Commission!

 


Last week I completed my fifth memory quilt for a little boy named Hunter.

This once seemed to be quite a big sewing project but I'm so used to the process now that it doesn't seem as daunting- well, it is my fifth. *hair swish*

Just a few details about my quilts:

- They're memory quilts which means that they're made out of old clothing- traditionally made from baby/toddler clothing but you can get adult blankets too.

- I include wadding in the quilts so they can be used to keep warm or to sit on.

- They are just over 1 metre square in size.

- I incorporate a range of clothing including standard pieces like sleepsuits, vests, onesies, etc. I also include smaller pieces like socks, hats and bibs.

- No request is too much- and if it is, I'll let you know. Over the course of making these, I've found that I've been able to problem solve many clothing items that  either are an awkward shape or may not go into the quilt for some reason. I keep contact with the client in order to make sure that they're happy with any creative decisions. I've been lucky enough to have lovely clients that are chilled with me having full reign! 

- To truly personalise the blanket to your little one, I hand embroider their name and date of birth. With this quilt in particular I included the time and weight.

- Finally, I take into account what the client is asking for. Whether that's wanting the weight of baby embroidered or pretty buttons from a particular outfit.









If there are too many pieces for the front, I stitch more onto the back...


-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Most importantly and my favourite part, the client was very happy with the quilt and left me this lovely review:

Thank you for reading!

Big love and keep safe,

Bud xx

Previous post: Everything is Beautiful by Eleanor Ray - Book Review

Comments

Popular Posts