May Myself And I: DOnuts #3


Original Illustration by Buddy Summer

What's my Donut?

Recently the wonderful Carrie Hope Fletcher has started a little project in which she posts a video every day in May. She has created a list of themes and for each day she will base the vlog on that theme. When I first heard about this via video #1 I felt very sure that I wanted to get involved...but I had to have a chat with myself. I'm currently in a project that is very important and I'm already swamped as it is with the workload I've given myself. In spite of this, I have major FOMO, but when Carrie spoke about people getting involved with art I thought 'hey! I can do that'. I'm currently having the evening off from project work and I just felt like creating something with no pressure. So I sat watching Carries' videos (gives me a cosy feeling) and got to work on relaxed-no-pressure illustrations. My plan was to just post the illustration to Instagram but listening to video #3: Donut I gained motivation for a blog post. What can I say? I love creating and love getting carried away. 

So, Day #3 is Doughnut and Carrie made a really interesting link to doughnuts acting as incentive and motivation. The doughnut represents what is keeping you going to complete that task or challenge. It's what you are going to give yourself once the task at hand is done. 

It got me thinking about my doughnut- my incentive. What's keeping me moving towards the future? 
I don't know if I really look at the future. I do in the worrying sense but progress...I'm not sure. I'm in a place where I've found creating to be 'me' and my thing and it really is; I don't know who I would be without having projects to work on and creating and exploring the best of my ability. It's only in the past three years I've discovered this part of myself and I am in this passion deep. So only very recently, it feels like, I've achieved things I didn't really set out for or make as a goal. Short term goals have been to get a Distinction in my projects and create an outcome I'm proud of. 
I can't see it currently, the future. There are two separate paths that both scare me very much as I'm on the edge of change- too scary to even think of right now at 9:34 in the evening.

I hope my future is full of my own creativity and at the moment the thing that's keeping me going is exciting projects and themes that I explore with art. 

My other beautiful doughnuts: spreading kindness and good feeling. I hope to do this more and would say I do this a fair bit. I would love to make people feel comfortable in situations because there is many a time I'm somewhere I don't feel my best in; for example, new workspaces. One of the things I've learnt over the years is that if you show kindness and exude goodness then the people around you will show the same to you. I can count on creative friends around me to help out with a query or if I need to carry a butt load of stuff from A to B.

I won't be creating a daily blog for this May, Myself and I but a week away from my blog and getting the urge to go back to it proves to me just how much I'm in love with it. Here are brief responses to days #1 and #2:

Carrie's May Myself and I daily themes

Running #1

Running out of time. I'm currently working on a project and I feel like It's running ahead of me whereby I've done a lot of work but I'm not caught up with all of the things that go with it. If you do art projects, you will understand what I mean. 

Stars #2

Stars for me signify wishes, people that have passed and overall goodness. As I've mentioned before I have a huge love of the galaxy and this past year especially I've made sure images and symbols of the incredible aesthetic of the universe surround me. It is lovely to look at in random moments in the day and sometimes it helps me to gain perspective. 

As ever, Thank you very much for reading and happy Friday evening.

Love Buddy Summer xx

Where to find me:
Instagram
BlogLovin'
Facebook
Twitter

Popular Posts