April Favourites/ Tangent




There have been many things about this April that I have enjoyed and so I thought I'd share them. As much as I love sending out blog posts I love to read back memories too. Since Easter is my favourite time of year, I feel April is the best place to start.

Number 1) The weather! To me, it's perfect- not too hot that it's uncomfortable and not too cold. The light evenings are wonderful and settling. 

2) The clothing. In turn with the weather, I can still go out in one of my favourite long cardi's whilst feeling the sunshine on my face.

3) The time off- usually this is when I would have Easter holidays from school and so I'm reminded of days off in the garden and watching episodes of Doctor Who. Which, by the way, are series 2 episodes with Doctor Ten and Rose. This is the series I call 'my series' and refer to as 'My Doctor' as 2006 was when I fell in love with Doctor Who. For a little while, my mum and I had been watching episodes on Sunday mornings. This nostalgia is very welcomed.



4) The chocolate; of course the chocolate! Easter Eggs are also very welcome and I'm hoping to use them for recipes. This is something I say every year but this is the year, I can feel it.

5) Shawn Mendes. April 2019 will always be the month I discovered my love for his music. I had always liked him 
but lately, I've loved his songs I'd never heard before and absolutely adore his voice!
A Couple Favourites: 
- Nothing holding Me Back
- Lost in Japan
- Like To Be You
- Lights On
- When You're Ready
- Where Were You In The Morning?
- When You're Ready

6) Illustration- I developed a love of digital illustration after succumbing to my urge to draw. You know what? I feel it's a love I will keep for a long time.



7) Rekindled my love of the Hunger Games- I'm looking into Katniss for my latest project and watching the films for the twentieth time made me want more and more. I seemed to have forgotten how much I loved the books/films in the first place. 

8) Speaking of books: The Flat Share by Beth O'Leary. I've written a little blog post on this which I will leave here If you want to read it: THE FLATSHARE BY BETH O'Leary/ BOOK REVIEW
This is truly a brilliant book and I loved having this to read and get back to.

9) How I Met Your Mother. I've realised I'm always in need of a show to watch and look forward to; my doughnut at the end of the day, if you will (see my last blog post for the explanation). How I Met Your Mother is a show I loved a few years back and became very enthralled in. I left it a couple years before watching it again as when I love something I tend to enjoy it until all life is drawn out. I've watched the whole series which probably means I will repeat this obsession in a few years time. 

10) We had a spontaneous BBQ on a very Sunny day and it was just the best. I even took the opportunity to make a GIF; You know how much I love creating a GIF! I tried out a new smore recipe on the BBQ which didn't work out...at all actually. But the burgers were fab.



11) I Rediscovered The Parent Trap- Great film and very distracting from getting work done. I realised that when I watched it at a younger age I had missed a couple of things. Now that I'm older it's almost like watching it again in a new light. Very feel-good. Big Up Red Hair!

12) Double rainbow: on a totally different day to the BBQ there was rain pouring out from dark clouds until the room suddenly turned a pale orange/yellow. I looked outside to find two rainbows! I don't think I've ever seen this before. 



13) Spring walk: I went for a little stroll and collected a folder of very beautiful quaint photographs. I also wore a top without sleeves which I am very proud of myself about- I don't always like doing this as it doesn't feel comfortable for me. However, I really like the top in question and had the need to wear it. I hesitated but it happened. 



Finally, number 14) I've found an appreciation for my skin this month. It's not necessarily any different from normal but lately, I've really noticed how soft it is. I use Olay moisturiser and have done since I was 15. 
Speaking of my skin I watched an interview this week where Perrie Edwards from band Little Mix spoke about her freckles and how she's accepted them in her adulthood. I can happily say that I've never had a problem with my freckles and actually... I like them. I love the look of freckles on the face or shoulders. This is something I wanted to say as I find it interesting how this is sometimes an insecurity for people when its one of the things I like- not in a narcissistic way, I'm just pleased this has never become an insecurity for me. As I once saw on a quote card, they are skin stars. 

Thank you very much for reading. I hope you had a lovely April and an even better May!

Love Buddy Summer xx

Where to find me:
Instagram
BlogLovin'
Facebook
Twitter

Popular Posts