An Honest Chat: Mascara / Tangent & Product Review




I've decided that I want to talk about a product I really like. This isn't something I've done before (from what I can remember) and not necessarily something I'm going to make a habit of, but I'm a big believer in sharing the word of good quality products. I also feel that this is a nice place to note down in order to remember a little way down the line.

It took me a while to find my perfect mascara. I started wearing mascara at the age of 15/16- yep, very late on that train- admittedly, it was to impress a boy I liked at the time. I wanted to feel like I was making an effort to look decent. Now, I am very much over that boy and continue to wear mascara because my eyes are my favourite feature.

I only wear mascara and moisturiser, you could say that that is my face of makeup. 

After a long process of trying to find a mascara that would make my eyelashes long and luscious, I discovered Extra Super Lash- Rimmel London. 


The first rounds of using this are amazing and it gives me confidence in my lashes. It makes them appear longer and as if there are more eyelashes than I actually have; this could be due to the fact that I like to apply a few coats so that they are very nearly clumpy- but not too much so that they are indeed clumpy.

Just over a year ago I found this one. From using other mascaras afterwards, and going back to this one, I realised that Extra Super Lash- Rimmel London was the best one for me.

It actually wasn't until maybe two weeks before the 22 of December (time of writing this) that I found another perfect mascara: the COLOSSAL VOLUM' EXPRESS MASCARA- MAYBELLINE NEW YORK. 
My heart was set on Extra Super Lash- Rimmel London and I was adamant that that was the one. But, the mascara by MAYBELLINE NEW YORK works just as well and (dare I say it) may be better. (Since writing this, I've now decided that this is my favourite).



I like the brush of MAYBELLINE NEW YORK and it separates my lashes which means that I'm spending less time separating them myself with a mascara brush. I'm really enjoying it and at the end of the day its much cleaner to wipe away from my eyes.

...........well I say 'the end of the day' but sometimes it's really once I get home and am not venturing out again; pj's on.

Full disclosure, I'm not the queen of makeup and cannot do as much as teens of today with my face but I (most of the time) pride myself with my eyelashes.
I now have two fav mascaras and maybe one day I will find more to add to my list.

Thank you for reading!

Love Buddy Summer xx

PS: not sponsored, just believe in sharing the word for good products!


Also, my moisturiser, Olay: Fab! I've used this for about the same time as I've been wearing mascara and it is perfect. It doesn't make my skin appear oily- it basically is the most perfect moisturiser for my skin and I absolutely adore it! 

Popular Posts