The Evening I Spent At a Book Launch / Books & Tangent


Have you ever been to a bookshop with books lining mile-high shelves? Well, yeah probably. But have you ever been to a bookshop with a giant safe? Just imagine the massive door and box-shaped room- one of the first things you notice as you walk in; besides the smell and sight hundreds of books. The shop is in a building that used to be a bank, which I believe to be the most perfect place to have a bookshop. It's like you're walking into a scene in a story. It had character, a shop like no other I've visited before!

Now, the giant safe was just another positive to that evening. I was going to my second ever book launch which was very exciting.

Author Yola Akhamrich has written a book called: The Crossing, The Journey Beyond The Destination. 
The Blurb reads:
It's one of the hottest summers of 1955 at Penzance Harbour. An ordinary family day trip to the Scilly Isles for war veteran Charlie Hawthorne was anything but ordinary. A missed ferry boat sees Charlie's world turn upside down when his daughter Millie is kidnapped by the evil Captain Shahzad a servant of Heisha- An ancient shape-shifting witch who is scouring the coasts of Cornwall for a successor.

There is a battle of good against evil that Charlie has to fight and overcome hurdles to get Millie back. Charlie crosses paths into an unknown world where he meets an Oracle, ghost sailors, a tribe of fish men (known as the Breathers) and a talking tabby cat that helps with his quest. Jump into a magical world where fantasy comes reality.

I am very much looking forward to reading this book. At the launch, we were lucky enough to hear a snippet of the story, read by Yola. By the sounds of it, it's the style I like: where fantasy and reality combine. 
Also, I am told there will be a second, follow on, story after this one.

The book is aimed at young adults to adults, however, lovely Yola wants the book to be read by all. I very much agree. There should be no limitations when it comes to books and stories- feed your imagination with whatever it craves.

Thank you very much for reading!

Love Buddy Summer x x

PS: as if there isn't already a multitude of wonderful attributes to a book launch, I got the Eve of Man paperback before the release date and it's gorgeous!

(Permission has been given by the author to share with you the blurb)




My Bloglovin' page 
My Instagram
My Facebook Page

Popular Posts