Before Her Eyes Book Review Part One/ Review



Before Her Eyes is about Naomi, a lady who has been blind since birth and is the only witness to a murder. The front cover: "She can't see the killer but the killer can see her"

I don't suppose a psychological crime novel is a typical read on a calm beach setting, nor is a thriller something I would usually read. However, this changed when I received this very attractive book, author Jack Jordan. 

Before I go any further I must say that this blog post will involve spoilers.

Let's begin........

So far I am up to chapter NINE. My questions are as follows:


  • Where does the mother of the killer stand with what her son is doing?
  • What are his (the killers) reasons? It's been stated that he has done this before, why?
  • What research did the author have to do during the writing process of this book?
  • What is the situation with Amber and Blake?
  • What did Naomi do? What did Naomi's sister do?
Naomi is tired of the routine of her life, the 'thing' she has done must have contributed to the change in her life- she isn't with her husband any more, is what she did so terrible that she has to live under this miserable cloud?

The reader is first introduced to the idea of Dane, Naomi's husband when she is distraughtly shouting at a memory of him. We later see how much he is missed when his cologne is sprayed on her nighttime pillow. All of which made me think that Dane had left the marriage and Naomi was left lonely without a say.
Later on the reader witnesses, the interaction between the ex-couple and we see the relationship in a different light. I thought it ended badly- and perhaps it did, however, it may have been Naomi who was the instigator. 

Jack Jordan uses descriptive language that really comes to life in my imagination, my attention was caught when reading the first few sentences. 

It is chilling, at times gory and I am very much all for reading on. It's a great story, subjecting my mind to the bloodstained mental images may not be so good but I will keep on turning that page, I don't think I can help myself.

Before Her Eyes by Jack Jordan. Publication date: 16th of August 2018

Highly recommended. 

Thank you for reading!



Comments

Popular Posts