Harry Potter- The love of my life? /Books & Art


Now, I have been writing an Evaluation and How To for a good while now so do excuse me if this blog post is a little here, there and everywhere. 

I could not just fluster through this day, ignoring the fact that it is World Book Day 2018, and not mention one of my favourite ever books. (And I've just realized that the only thing I have read today is my own writing. Shocking. I will make up for that in a bit).

So, without further babble, one of my favourite ever books is *drum roll*.............Harry Potter by J.K Rowling; The Prisoner of Azkaban and The Half-Blood Prince being at the top of the list.

I absolutely fell in love with the series in 2016, watching the films for the first time after each book. 

The wonderful, magic-filled, stories and superb writing by J.K sparked a fire inside me that's kept me reading long after finishing the series. This is not hyperbole, I don't stop reading! I just love books! (I mean, I do other everyday things as well but fundamentally I don't stop reading. Point taken, moving on)

Not only was the story captivating but I took so much away from this wondrous world: my own language and daily words have improved massively (and not the spells but 'big words'), I have a place to go if ever I feel in need of a bit of magic, a feeling of unique comfort from the inventions of Mrs Rowling, I have a common interest and conversation topic when meeting new people.......so many more, to list them all would mean keeping you here for a very long time!

The story is now a huge part of who I am. It's a little clique but I have no idea who I would be or what I would be interested in without Harry Potter. That's the same with all of us! Where would we be if we didn't go to the cinema to see the film we weren't too fussed about, but then actually loved? Or if we didn't try that avocado, what would we be eating 8 times a week? Of course, I would have interests but would I feel as strongly as I do about the beloved books?

It makes me heart-warmingly happy.

Do you have a book that makes you feel this way? Or even a fraction of this? I would love to know.

Happy World Book Day! I hope your day has been filled with narrative joy and that your future is filled with the same happiness as Ron and Harry when they ate the entire sweet trolley on the Hogwarts Express.

I'm going to leave you here with a little visual aid for this post. It's a watercolour painting of a character from the Tale Of The Three Brothers (a story within Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows). Enjoy!





Comments

Popular Posts